Pitch For Investment - Online
Fundraising? Here you’ll have the opportunity to pitch your business idea, gain valuable feedback from our investor panel and maybe even secure some investment.
Last Tuesday of the month until September, then Thursday (no event in Dec)
17:00 - 19:00 BST
- Free entry for audience members (Please click “Register” to secure your spot in the audience!)
- £60 to pitch for businesses (50% off for Premium members)
- Sam Keisner - Founding Partner at Go10X Ventures
- John McNicol - Founder and Director of Kelvin Capital
- Andrew Davidson - Serial Angel Investor with 8 current investments.
- Elizabeth Kennedy - Non Exec Director- listed and private companies; director Davidson Chalmers Stewart LLP (AIM specialist); angel investor
- 17:00: Start
- 17:10: 5 min pitches & 10 mins Q&A with the judges
- 18:45: Scores announced
Who's The Event For:
Start-ups, Entrepreneurs, Founders, early-stage companies – any company seeking investment! If you’re ready to pitch, this event is for you!
Why You Should Attend:
- If you are looking to raise capital for your business, you get the chance to pitch your idea to gain feedback from real investors or even secure investment.
- If you are looking to learn more about business pitches, sign up for a spot in the audience and see how others are pitching their ideas and which feedback they get.
- If you are looking for investment opportunities, you might just find the business idea you are looking for.
What You Can Expect from the Pitching Event:
- Feedback & Investment opportunities: You either pitch yourself, get feedback and maybe even investment or you watch and learn
- Find out what investors expect from a business pitch
- Insights into other business ideas
Are You Pitching?
Send your deck in pdf format to email@example.com
How to prepare:
- Have your pitch deck ready and then practise, practise, practise – You should know it by heart when you step in front of the audience!
- Test your gear (this is currently an online event): Even if you are super familiar with zoom, test it and make sure it all runs smoothly! We will do a tech prep a few minutes before the event to ensure that everybody can hear and see you.
- Check lighting and background: You should be well visible for the audience, your laundry should not!
- Make eye contact even if you can’t see the whole audience. Practice looking straight into the camera as you do your pitch!
Insights into past events:
Othership has been doing the Pitch4Investment event on a monthly basis for more than 2 years. It used to be an in-person event in London, the pandemic in 2020 made us move this to an online event. Get a peek into past events:
This is what businesses that previously pitched say about the pitch event:
“The Othership team have been great in providing an opportunity for YesRef to promote the business to investors and also throughout the process, both before and after. This wasn’t our first time pitching but it was a great environment to pitch, especially with the support from the Investor Panel, who provided excellent feedback both positive and constructive. The experience online via Zoom is different to pitching in person but it still remains both enjoyable and rewarding. As with experiences like these, it’s what you take from the event which is most important. On this occasion we didn’t secure any funding but we’re looking forward to our next pitch event. I would highly recommend this event to any business pitching for investment.”
Olly Rodriguez-Ballinger, YesRef
Founder and CEO
“This was our first pitch event. I was very nervous, but the judging panel was helpful and they asked relevant questions which definitely helped my startup. I spoke to a few of them afterwards who were interested to learn more about the project. I am happy and pleased that Othership is taking this initiative and helps startups to put themselves out there to pitch their projects and add new people to their network. It is a huge learning curve, but this helps you preparing for pitches in the future. I would highly recommend every young business to get involved. It's a great networking event if you are not looking to pitch.”
“I joined The Othership when I had just started my business. I saw the Pitch for Investment event and immediately tried to book it. The next one was full, so I did the one after. Not knowing what to expect I attended the one coming up. What did I get myself into!!! I had never started a business and never pitched my own business before. But I had committed and was not going to pull out. I practiced and practiced. 5 minutes, I HAD to get it all across in 5 minutes. And I did.
It was the best thing I could have done. All that thinking and practicing really helped be hone in on our mission and USPs!
I was so nervous but I thought i HAD to do it if i wanted to be successful. This was the first step of a long road but the first step is the hardest. The process was really smooth and helped ease you into every step (pitch and questions). I felt everything was under control.
The feedback was interesting as it was obvious that 2 panelists believed in my product and the other 2 were sceptical.
The sceptical ones I felt didn't understand what my business is about. However that IS my pitch, we are not for everyone!
There are dog haters, dog owners and dog parents. We target the latter.
I learnt that I don’t have to please everyone and if someone doesn't want to take their dog to the pub then don’t!
Some people don’t still like using travel agents instead of booking online, I can't change the world but I can make it better for dog parents. It gave me such confidence. Funnily enough I thought I felt really nervous but when I watched it back, I was super pleased.
I spoke to 2 of the panelists after who were interested in investing. We haven't come to an agreement yet but they will, I know they will.”
Othership - work the Other way. This is the flo•working™ revolution - with flexible workspaces, weekly events, member benefits & a welcoming community.
Try a membership for free!
SeedLegals - Access legal agreements for your company with SeedLegals, the UK’s No.1 legal platform for startups.
Angel Investment Network - The world’s largest online angel investment platform.
Other events for founders:
Ts & Cs:
By joining, you consent to being filmed, recorded. We will be using these videos, recordings and still images in our marketing material including but not limited to the Othership website, social media and YouTube channel.